Rats are a nuisance, destructive, unsanitary, and can carry dangerous bacteria and viruses. You may become aware of a rat infestation due to scratching sounds from walls, floors, or ceilings. Evidence of an infestation may also be discovered by their droppings. Other signs of an infestation include the strong scent of urine and chewed holes in siding, molding, or cupboards. A rat's nesting habits can cause difficult-to-repair structural damage to your building, and their eating habits can cause contamination of food stores and food preparation areas.
Rat Behavior and Facts
- Female rats can produce up to 5 litters of up to 14 pups.
- Rat pups reach sexual maturity and can begin reproducing after only 5 weeks.
- Rats can swim up to a mile. They can also tread water for up to 3 days.
- A roof rat can survive a 25 foot fall.
- A rat can leap 3 feet straight up and 4 feet horizontally.
- Rats can also squeeze through an opening only ½ inch around.
Extreme Exterminating provides highly-effective bait and trap services for exterminating rats. If an inspection reveals the point of entry for rats or a cause of infestation, we will work with you to determine the best course of action to prevent future infestation.
Call or contact us today to learn more about our rat extermination service.