There are several noticeable signs of a mouse infestation. If mice are seeking shelter in your walls, attic, or crawlspace, you will likely hear scratching as a first sign. Chewed holes in or around siding, molding, or in cupboards is another indication that mice are making a home in your building. You will also frequently find mouse droppings or smell their urine, which has a pungent odor. A mouse infestation is not only unsanitary and irritating, but can also be a risk to your health. Mice can carry bacteria and viruses that are transmittable to humans.
Mouse Behavior and Facts:
- Female mice reproduce up to 8 times in their life span, producing 4-7 pups each time.
- A single female may produce as many as 56 offspring annually.
- A mouse can survive a fall of 8 feet onto a hard surface.
- Mice can squeeze through an opening ¼ inch wide. Mice can also jump 1 foot vertically.
- Mice have voracious appetites and typically feed 15-20 times a day.
Extreme Exterminating implements an effective bait and trap method of exterminating mice. If an inspection reveals the point of entry for mice or a source of infestation, we will work with you to determine the best course of action to prevent future infestation.
To learn more about our mouse extermination services or to schedule service, call or contact us today.