Bed bugs are one of the most difficult bugs to remove. Their extermination requires treatment by trained and experienced professionals in order to be successful, especially in the case of extensive infestation. While the bed bug often stays out of human sight, their effects can still be seen if they are present. Bed bugs feed on human blood, often while a person is sleeping, and therefore they are typically found living in mattresses and linens. In addition to the nuisance of bed bug bites, you can find evidence of bed bugs in bedding materials due to their tendency to leave traces of fecal matter behind. If you manage a rental property, having bed bugs can become an even bigger issue as the bugs can spread from unit to unit. If bed bugs are found in an apartment complex or multi-family home, treatment must be rendered as soon as possible to avoid contamination of the entire building.
Bed Bug-Related Damage and Health Risks
- Bed bugs burrow into bedding, mattresses, clothes, other furniture, or stuffed animals.
- They are extremely difficult to remove once infestation has taken hold.
- Despite all possible treatment and extermination options, mattresses and other items may need to be replaced if not treated soon enough.
- Bed bugs feed on human blood and leave small, red itchy bite marks.
- If found during inspection, bed bugs can deter buyers or potential tenants or decrease the value of the property.
Our Bed Bug Extermination Treatment
Bed bug treatments can be performed with chemicals or heat. We can provide either, but have found that a combination of both is most effective. Customer cooperation is also vital; we provide customers with a checklist to complete prior to treatments. We can provide heat by both gas and electric power, depending on the resources available on site.
If you think you have bed bugs, don't wait! Call Extreme Exterminating or contact us online to learn more about your treatment options or to schedule service today.